Best of all, it takes minutes to make and there's minimal clearing up to do afterwards, making it an ideal midweek meal.
To make 1 pizza to serve 2, you will need:
- 1 Large wholemeal Pizza Base - I've been using Delici O's thin crust wholemeal pizza bases, bought from Tesco.
- 100g, Grated Mozzarella
- 100g, Tomato Puree Double Concentrate
- 100 g Crunchy Vegetable Stir Fry - finely chopped
- 4 Cumberland Sausages - the higher the percentage of pork, the better!
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 2 fresh basil leaves
570 calories per serving, 20g fat (8g sat fat), 41g protein, 63g carbohydrate, 11g sugar, 5g fibre.
To make the pizza:
2) Grill the sausages until cooked all the way through (test by cutting in half and checking there's no pink!) but don't char-grill them! Once cooked, chop them into meatball-sized pieces.
3) Heat up a wok and spray with low calorie sunflower oil (or olive). Toss in the stir fry veg and cook for 3 minutes.
4) Top the pizza base with tomato purée, cheese, pepperoni, sausage, veggies, fresh basil and oregano.
5) Cook in the oven until the cheese is melted and the base is crispy and golden brown.