Calories when served with 200g of rice: 475
To serve 2, you will need:
200g pre-cooked chicken breast pieces
5 tablespoons of low fat bio yogurt
4 tablespoons lemon juice
100g tomato double concentrate purée (or half a tube)
1 small onion
Low-cal cooking spray, such as Fry Light
A jar of Tikka Powder - add as much or as little as you like depending on your preference for spice level. - I like mine pretty hot so I go for 5 teaspoons.
A few sprigs of fresh coriander
200g of long grain rice
Weight Watchers Mini garlic & coriander naan breads
1)Pre heat a griddle pan and a large saucepan on a medium heat and spray them both with a low cal cooking spray.
2) Add pre-cooked chicken slices to a deep dish
3) In a jug, mix together 2 tablespoons of plain low fat bio yogurt, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 3 teaspoons of Tikka powder.
3) Pour this marinade over the chicken and ensure each piece is coated in the marinade.
4) To make the masala sauce, fry a handful of chopped onion in the large saucepan until golden brown.
5) Next, add 200ml of water followed by 100g of tomatoe purée (or half a tube), 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 3 teaspoons of curry powder. Finally, add in 3 tablespoons of the yoghurt and mix well and keep on a low heat.
6) Heat up a griddle pan and then cook the chicken pieces for a few minutes until the marinade on the chicken pieces dry and turn golden brown.
7) Add the chicken from the griddle pan to the masala sauce in the large saucepan and leave to simmer while you prepare the naan breads and rice.
8) Serve with rice, top with fresh coriander and add a mini naan bread to the side if you wish.